|Often people engaged in creative fields such as web design and computer animation have gained their knowledge, skills and competence through a kind of informal learning. Informal learning occurs in a number of places like learning at home, work, during daily interactions or sharing knowledge in communities. Gradually validation of the results of informal learning has become a EU priority in the field of VET being “seen as a way of improving lifelong and life-wide learning”.
Although addressed to a different extent in various EU countries, the issue of validation of the results of informal learning is still insufficiently explored and undeveloped in Europe. In Bulgaria a system for validation of the results of informal learning is still in the process of development, in Ireland there is some tradition in the field but not in creative professions, in Germany there are minor steps undertaken and some existing tools for validation of the results of informal learning but these are rather insufficient.
That is why the project proposes to develop a model for validation of the results of informal learning that can be applied to web design and computer animation outcome-based units. Since ECVET facilitates the development of flexible and individualized pathways and recognition of learning outcomes acquired through informal learning, project seeks to allocate ECVET points to the units in web design and computer animation making their recognition possible in EU states.
Aims and objectives:
- to propose methods and tools for validating informal learning in web design and computer animation;
- to allocate ECVET points to the units in web design and computer animation to make the recognition of the learning outcomes of informal learning possible;
- to develop a training toolkit with theory, interactive tools/games with procedures for validating the informal learning and credits transfer;
- to train VET practitioners how to implement the validation of the results of informal learning.
- trainers, policy makers, instructional designers in VET;
- managers of VET Centres.
Youth (16-25) and youth with special needs (early school leavers (ESL), long-term unemployed) who acquired learning in WD and CA informally and wish to validate it.
Main products and results:
- informal learning assessment methods and outcome-based units in web design and computer animation;
- model for validation of the results of informal learning;
- toolkit for validation of the results of informal learning;
- report on the allocation of ECVET points to the units;
- manual for VET practitioners describing how the products can be used
Impact envisaged: The impact envisaged in the frame of CREATE project is related to:
- the increased capacity of VET providers;
- recognition of informal learning of youth;
- informal learning validation model to be used by institutions;
- more opportunities for qualification of early school-leavers.
The CREATE project (№ 2011-1-BG1-LEO05-05036) is implemented with the financial support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the EC.